One Piece was launched as an adventurous fantasy magazine manga publication on July 22, 1997. The comic was developed according to the taste of the children and young adults in Japan. However, as years progressed they modified the works to give it much more sort of a modern-day punch. It was the main reason behind the series gaining a massive reputation that made the comic recognized. Furthermore, the evolution of the work through the years was more evident in the animated television series released on October 20, 1999. Moreover, Konosuke Uda was the first man behind the anime who gave essential supervision to the project. Considerably, the series began to build a strong background which kept the show in action further beyond expectation. Later on, numerous other crew replaced the post of director and surprisingly appointed eight other people in the same post.
Notable improvements were made by the anime in the field particularly when it came to the ratings. One Piece had a huge completion by the time it was first released. Pokemon was the biggest of rivals for the show but remained at equal yet constant positions. Moreover, the Japanese anime grabbed the award for the best anime plenty of times defeating many prominent shows. This was the same when it started airing across the globe. One Piece maintained a stronghold, especially in all countries coming in the list of the top ten must-watch anime list for a long period. However, by the end of 2020, the gross revenue of the show had crossed the two hundred million mark dollar mark in Japan making it one of the highest collections ever made.
How to Watch One Piece in Order?
- “Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack!” – OVA
- East Blue (Episode 1-61)
- One Piece TV Special: Adventure in the Ocean’s Navel
- One Piece: The Movie
- Entering into the Grand Line (Episode 62-77)
- Clockwork Island Adventure
- Jango’s Dance Carnival
- Introducing Chopper at the Winter Island (Episode 78-91)
- Arrival in Alabasta, Fierce Fighting in Alabasta (Episode 92-130)
- Chopper’s Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals – Movie
- Dream Soccer King
- Dreams! The Zenny Pirate Crew Sortie! Beyond the Rainbow (Episode 131-143)
- Sky Island: Skypiea, The Golden Bell (Episode 144-195)
- Dead End Adventure: Movie
- One Piece: Open Upon the Great Seas! A Father’s Huge, HUGE Dream
- One Piece: Protect! The Last Great Sage
- The Cursed Holy Sword: Movie
- Take Aim! The Pirate Baseball King
- Escape! The Marine Fortress and The Foxy Pirate Crew ( Episode 196-228)
- Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island: Movie
- Water Seven (Episode 229-263)
- “One Piece: End of Year Special Plan! Chief Straw Hat Luffy’s Detective Story”
- Giant Mecha Soldier of Karakuri Castle: Movie
- Enies Lobby (Episode 264-336)
- “The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta: Animated Movie – 2007”
- Thriller Bark (Episode 337-381)
- Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom: Animated Movie
- Romance Dawn Story – OVA
- Island of Women (Episode 408-421)
- Impel Down (Episode 422-456)
- One Piece Film: Strong World
- Strong World: Episode 0
- Marineford (Episode 457-516)
- Straw Hat Chase: Movie
- One Piece 3D! Trap Coaster
- Fishman Island (Episode 517-578)
- “Episode of Nami: Tears of a Navigator and the Bonds of Friends” – Television Series – 2012
- One Piece Film: Z
- Episode of Luffy: Adventure on Hand Island
- Glorious Island Part 1 – OVA
- Glorious Island Part 2 – OVA
- Punk Hazard (Episode 579-628)
- “Episode of Merry: The Tale of One More Friend”
- Dressrosa (Episode 629-746)
- Episode of Sabo: The Three Brothers Bond – The Miraculous Reunion And the Inherited Will
- One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
- Silver Mine, Zou, Marine Rookie (Episode 747-782)
- “One Piece Film: Gold Episode 0 – OVA”
- The One Piece Film: Gold
- One Piece: Heart of Gold
- Whole cake Island, Reverie (Episode 783-891)
- One Piece: Episode of East Blue: Luffy and hits 4 Crewmates’ Big Adventure – Television series
- One Piece: Episode of sky Island
- Wano Country (Episode 892-1015)
- One Piece: Stampede
- Romance Dawn – OVA
- One Piece Film: Red
Is One Piece Worth Watching?
One Piece is one of the highly recommended worthwhile shows. This is because of its unique presentation and attractive storytelling. Most of the characters in the series can be compared to some of the real-life characters using their behavioral aspect. Strictly lying on a fictional side the series has much more to offer. One Piece is one of the oldest animated series to be released via television. Even though the series came out in a world where the technological advancements were only in the growing stage, the show had a lot to offer even by then. It had competed against the best shows running by that time. Most importantly, it is one of a series that have a history of more than two decades and is still celebrating its success even after each episode gets released nowadays.
It will be a challenging task for a person who hasn’t followed the series so far and might need some effort to catch up with the recent episodes and their content. However, One Piece is extremely adventurous as well as entertaining by all means which never makes the audience disappointed or left out after all. There are a set of movies and related television shows which may put some extra effort into entertainment to keep the spirit up and complete the entire show after all the hard work.
READ MORE I The Toys That Made Us Season 4 Release Date
Furthermore, One Piece is released in different periods, and therefore it is important to go through the exact chronological order to understand the story better. Understanding the order and watching it holistically can make it quite comforting and super enjoyable at the same time. Rather than being set in a slow pace mood, One Piece is set with zero percent lag and is watchable to people living at any stage of life.
How Much Time Will It Take to Complete?
One Piece is a whole big series and will need a decent mentality to watch all the episodes completely. In addition to the animated television series, movies have been released with a duration of approximately an hour or maybe longer. Watching it in one single stretch is an impossible task as it is much longer than we think it is. The series was premiered in 1999 and had completed 1013 episodes to date. Moreover, most of the episodes contain a minimum of twenty-one episodes and a maximum of twenty-four minutes. Therefore, if we go on with a rough calculation, the total time limit the series has to offer will come down to three hundred and thirty-seven minutes, or fourteen and a half days.
However adding the time to watch all the related movies involved, it will take around sixteen days to complete the entire project. The One Piece Series contains visual treats of movies, animated cartoon series, special episodes, and television shows. On the contrary, it is impossible to watch for fifteen or sixteen days in a single stretch. Furthermore, to be more precise, for a person to watch the entire show they will have to devote almost a month to get the maximum output.
One Piece Story
One Piece may seem a cliché to some people who haven’t watched the series. But the fact is that it has some unique touch and is prepared in such a way that makes it a much wider experience for the viewers. Finding the treasure which was kept secret from the outside world was such a hard job for Monkey D Luffy. He was always inspired by his idol and secret superhero Gold Roger. However, he was a pirate and was the same what inspired Money D Luffy to be a pirate. Furthermore, Gold Roger had found the mysterious treasure somewhere in a hidden place to keep them out from the hands of invaders.
It was still considered a myth by some people and believed that it never existed in the first place. This was the major reason why many people were not interested to go for the treasure. On the other hand, the journey through the Grand Line was so dangerous and even life-threatening. This kept some other groups of people from attempting to go for the gold. However, Monkey D Luffy along with his crew who specialized in diverse fields set for the journey and confronts obstruction from enemies.
Where to Watch One Piece?
One Piece is aired on Fuji TV every Sunday at 9:30 AM JST. There had been changes in the airing time in previous years but is at present consists of telecasting it on weekends. However, there is a difference in the medium of telecasts throughout other parts of the world. Furthermore, in Australia, the series can be viewed through Network Ten and Cartoon Network. While YTV streams the series in Canada, TV Japan is the major source of the show in other parts of the North American continent. In addition, Cartoon Network is licensed to broadcast the show in countries such as New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Moreover, the anime, as well as its movies, are available on Netflix, HULU, Amazon Prime Video, and Crunchyroll. Anyone who subscribed to any of these platforms can stream the show anytime they want.
READ MORE I Was Gohan Stronger Than Goku?